- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 2 large Dungeness crabs, cooked, cleaned, and cracked (about 4 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Devin’s Kickass Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice or regular orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated blood orange peel or regular orange peel
Preheat oven to 500°F. Melt butter with oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, shallot, and dried crushed red pepper. Add crabs; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped thyme and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley over crabs. Stir to combine. Place skillet in oven and roast crabs until heated through, stirring once, about 12 minutes.
Using tongs, transfer crabs to platter. Add orange juice and peel to same skillet; boil until sauce is reduced by about half, about 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over crabs. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon thyme and 1 tablespoon parsley and serve.
Hi Devin, What are you trying to do to me, LOL! Now you know you’ve got me with crab on the menu, haha! Looks fantastic!
Here’s to good cooking, Lilian