Spaghetti with Fresh Clams, Parsley, and Lemon
* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
* 3 pounds fresh Manila clams or small littleneck clams, scrubbed
* 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Devin’s Kickass Cajun Seasoning
* 1 pound spaghetti
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic and sauté until light brown, about 1 minute. Add clams and 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley; stir 2 minutes. Add wine; simmer 2 minutes. Add fresh lemon juice. Cover and simmer until clams open, about 6 minutes (discard any clams that do not open).
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Add pasta to clam mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and serve.
Comments are closed.